Updated: March 23, 2020 at 1:21pm
Gilson’s top priority remains the health and safety of our employees, our customers, and the consumers they serve. Based on the recommendations of the U.S. Homeland Security we have been informed by our Military, Food, Medical and Pharmaceutical clients that we are an “Essential Supplier” and must remain in operation now that the Governor’s office has issued a ‘shelter-in-place’ directive in the state of Michigan. As such, we will remain in operation with a team of employees who choose to work and make it possible for our customers to maintain continuity of service.
We have taken all CDC guidelines into consideration for equipment and facilities cleaning, health practices, and social distancing. We will safely continue our operations as part of our responsibility to support all of our customers – and particularly the industries noted above – so that they can continue to serve the American people during this time of crisis.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve, and check back often for updates and new information as it becomes available.
Updated: March 16, 2020 at 11:10am
As a partner in your success, we want you to be aware of the preventative steps we are taking to mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on your supply chain.
Gilson has been closely monitoring CDC information and recommendations on the COVID-19 virus. Additionally, as members of the Michigan Manufacturer’s Association, we have received in-depth information regarding methods to responsibly address the spread of the virus.
From those recommendations, we are encouraging all employees who can work remotely to do so. We are asking that our sales team only make in person calls to customers when it’s absolutely necessary. All travel outside of the area is on hold. Additionally, we are closing the facility to any non-Gilson employees. Vendors, visitors and customers are prohibited from coming to our facility during this time.
We have also implemented the following facility-wide procedures to protect our employees and the product leaving our doors:
- Provide clear instructions to our department managers regarding employee sickness, including:
- Require sick employees to stay home.
- Send home any employee who appears to have symptoms identified by the CDC as related to COVID-19 virus.
- Require employees who are well but have a family member with COVID-19 to notify our HR department.
- Require personal protective CDC hygiene recommendations, such as hand washing or the use of hand sanitizer when soap and water are not readily available.
- Perform routine environmental cleaning. All areas, including both Production and Administration, must be properly cleaned each shift. A complete cleaning of all surfaces between each job shall be conducted in our Packaging and Kit Building area.
- Encourage all employees who can work remotely to do so.
- Voluntary quarantine may be necessary, but is not currently required.
Gilson is committed to protecting our employees, their families, as well as our customers during this challenging time. Please feel free to contact your Gilson Representative with any further questions or concerns.
For more information from the Center for Disease Control, please visit their regularly updated page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html