Social media can be pretty hard to navigate! So many options and material are continuously being updated. Participating in social media is often beneficial to companies, but introducing and operating social media pages may generate a lot of questions in your business.
Luckily, we’ve got some easy tips to help create a great campaign and push your outreach to another level.
Social Media: 10-Step Strategy
Gilson has developed a 10-step strategy to help guide you through the process of beginning and running social media channels effectively.
- Identify your PURPOSE. (What are you trying to accomplish with an online presence? Will your business benefit from this push?)
- Choose the channels that will benefit you the most. (Where do your customers spend their time? Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr?)
- When you’ve selected the channels that are most valuable to your business, unify them through a social media management platform. (Hootsuite, Sprout Social, AgoraPulse, Buffer, etc.)
- Assign an employee to be the manager of the accounts.
- Identify your brand image and the “voice” you will use to communicate with your followers. Keep this consistent throughout your posts.
- Establish reasonable, benchmark goals that you want to accomplish through your usage.
- Develop a structure to your posts (e.g., a monthly calendar). Create three or four different categories for posts and plan them out for each workweek. Leave room for spontaneity!
- Make sure that every post has a purpose! Who are you targeting with a particular post? How will the post make your company more interesting or valuable to customers or potential customers?
- Emphasize your presence to your current and future customers by including quick and easy links on your website and in e-mails that you send out.
- Continuously measure your results against your benchmark goals and make adjustments as needed to reach your goals!
To get started with your campaign, contact a Gilson representative today!